Microblading is semi-permanent tattooing of the eyebrows (also known as eyebrow embroidery or feathering). It originated in Far East Asia. This method is the finest form of eyebrow tattooing. The required pigment is deposited into the superficial layer of the skin with a disposable Microblade to stroke very thin hair like lines of pigment into the skin. These thin lines flow in the same direction as your own eyebrow hairs, to create crisp and natural results. When using this method, the pigment is deposited closer to the surface of the skin than when the conventional machine method is used. All equipment used during the procedure is sterile and disposable, we take great pride in keeping a clean studio for our clients.
If any of the below apply to you, you are NOT suitable for Microblading:
- If you’re under 18 years of age.
- If you have HIV, Hepatitis or any other viral infections or disease.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- If you have been on Accutane within the past 1 year.
- If you get Keloid scars.
- If you have blemishes, pimples, psoriasis, eczema, rosacea or sunburn on your brows.
- If you are on Retin-A or Retinols.
- If you are diabetic (consult your doctor as this could affect the healing time).
- If you are undergoing Chemotherapy (please consult your doctor, best if we do it before chemotherapy; that way we can see your natural brow shape and the direction your hair naturally grows).
- If you have Epilepsy.
- If you’ve had an organ transplant.
- If you are sick (with cold or flu); this will affect the healing process and also make it more painful; best to reschedule to get desired results.
Things you need to know before getting your Eyebrows Tattooed
- If you have recently tanned, this will affect the outcome of the healed colour.
- Do not drink ALCOHOL or CAFFEINE before the procedure (at least 24 hrs for alcohol as it thins the blood and will affect pigment retention).
- Do not take Advil, Aspirin, Niacin, Vitamin E, Fish Oils and/or Ibuprofen or other blood thinners unless medically necessary, 48-72.hrs prior to your procedure. Taking these prior to the appointment will cause unnecessary bleeding, giving you unsatisfactory results – bleeding pushes the pigment out of the skin.
- If you’ve had laser removal on the brows, the treated area now has more scar tissue and can affect the outcome of the result. Please note you may need more treatments than usual to get desired pigment retention.
- Botox should be done at least 2 weeks before or 2 weeks after the procedure. Microblading requires stretching of the skin, which could move your botox if it is fresh.
- Avoid exercising the day of procedure; exercise opens the pores in the skin.
- If it’s ‘that time of the month’, the procedure will hurt more than usual.
- No waxing or tinting 3 days before Micorblading; better to let the hair grow out before the appointment if possible.
Immediately following your procedure, the tattooed area will appear to be darker and bolder in colour and more sharply defined. Over the next 2 days it will appear even darker and thicker as scabs begin to form. Let the scabs naturally flake off bit by bit. It will take up to 14 days for scabbing to be over.
Please note that Eyebrow tattooing is not something you would get right before a big event or before you leave to go on holiday please make sure you you allow for healing time of at least 15 days after your tattoo. Eyebrow aftercare is VERY important to get good results.
What can you expect during your appointment?
Designing your brows, I will measure and mark your face by methods of The Golden Ratio using measuring tools to help achieve the best proportions & symmetry for your bone structure.
With a makeup pencil, I’ll draw in a general shape in accordance with the markings we have already made. We can adjust the thickness of the brow to suit your face, your input is also very important to us. We will not proceed to tattoo your new brows until you are 100% happy with the shape.
If you choose to use anesthetic I will numb the area (for around 20 minutes). While that’s happening we will choose a pigment that suits your skin tone, then I’ll start Microblading your new brows!
After the first round of strokes is done I will sit you up so you can see the shape, if you’re happy we’ll continue to add to the them until you have a beautiful new set of brows on your face!